Thursday 12 April 2012

ARTIST of Interest : DALE CHIHULY






On Friday I ventured out to a long awaited exhibition or gallery viewing rather, of an artist which I first stumbled upon whilst i visited Kew Gardens back in Year 10 .. I belive with my schools Art Trip .. I know . How very adorable of us.  I was very fascinated with the mirage he created between man made and natural shapes. Here are some photographs I took whilst visiting the Helcyon Gallery  at 144-146 New Bond Street . 


ITS On UNTIL the 21st of April so you still have time to visit . Its completely Free and the staff are very friendly and helpful .  So after a shopping trip in central just walk over through New Bond Street and you can not miss it ! 








You can also recognise his sculpture from the V&A . 






The Glass quality of light shining through 















‘Somebody once said that people become artists becouse they have a certain kind of energy to release, 
and that rang true to me.It’s not the kind of energy you can work off in the weight room. 
It must have an outlet- it must be released to someone. 
That’s really why I draw’
                                                              DALE CHIHULY













D. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment